Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 9, 2016

First Day in Taiwan

So we are here! We arrived late last night, after a very long day of travel. All of our flights were fine, but smaller than I remember international seats being. We kept thinking, soon we will be doing this with Calvin in our laps!

My head is in so many different places, but I remember reading through adoption blogs and so often when they got to the much anticipated travel part of the adoption the posts would stop. I wanted to try to capture this moment to remember and look back on.

The last few weeks have been an incredible whirlwind. Our emotions have ranged from disbelief, to nervousness, to sheer anticipation, to panic- but always so so much joy. We had so much to get ready and it seemed overwhelming, but we were amazed at how everything came together. There were so many unexpected blessings that happened in those weeks to help us feel completely prepared for this next step in our lives.

The night before we were leaving was one of the longest nights ever! It was the most surreal feeling; actually being at the moment I had prayed for and thought about nearly every day for many years. I did not get much sleep, my stomach was doing somersaults and my mind spinning. But for as crazy and intense as I felt, I made sure to relish in the feeling because I wanted to enjoy every step of this journey.

Now we have the entire day ahead of us before we go get Calvin tomorrow morning. Today is Taiwan's National Double Day, which is their fourth of July. Even though it was early and rainy, we woke up to music playing outside the Taipei 101, which is directly across from our hotel. We plan to get some breakfast and do some exploring. We can't wait to see more of this beautiful country, but tomorrow is the day we really can't wait for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***If you don't have a Google account, choose the "name/url" option and just put in your name***